Monday, January 26, 2009

January Destress for the EMS Teleclass

This week I will be teaching the DESTRESS FOR THE EMS teleclass this Wednesday, January 28, 2009, at 7 a.m. Pacific time. All teleclasses are free, for now, and can be accessed by signing up for our free weekly newsletter.

This is one of my favorite classes to teach. I was an emergency responder for many years, I taught Critical Incident Stress Management, I responded to Critical Incidents for first responders as a peer counselor, I trained hundreds of emergency personnel to become peer counselors, and therefore I know how important stress management is for the emergency services.

It is not an easy thing to get Emergency Services Personnel to deal with there stress because they are the hero's and they are not suppose to have weaknesses. Many come to me privately. The only reason I say this is because I would want someone to come to me privately and confidentially because it is better than not getting any help at all.

I love what I do and I am excited for this week. I have taught so many of these classes that I cannot count and yet I still love doing it because I know it makes a difference.

By the way, all of our teleclasses will be one hour earlier next month due to multiple requests from the east coast as well as the west coast.

Have a great week and don't forget to have fun and be playful because it is in your nature.

Elizabeth