Friday, December 27, 2013

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is the topic of this blog, this day!

There is a new discussion that appeared in 2013, and that is the new Diagnostic And Statistical Manual-5 (DSM-5) of Mental Disorders, which is used by the American Psychiatric Association, and the American Psychology Association, to diagnose patients.  This diagnosis is accepted as very important for diagnosis, treatment, and insurance purposes.

The DSM-5 was rolled out in May of 2013, and because I believe I see many people in the Emergency Field, as well as in the Military, with PTSD, I want to continue my familiarization.

Nearly four years ago I posted the

DSM-IV-TR CRITERIA FOR PTSD PART I


and 


and now I want to provide the new discussion of changes

POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DSM-5 a document from American Psychiatric Publishing.

Take a look and let me know what you think.  I like to provide this very important information on PTSD because it is a vital component of stress.

Happy New Year!!!  2014 is going to be a great year.

Elizabeth

If you like what you read here, please subscribe to my blog by putting your email address in the box above, and don't forget to confirm.

If you need help email me, I would love to help you in anyway I can.

HAVE YOU READ MY BOOK?















Amazon has it on promotion for today and tomorrow, free, I think.