Thursday, February 16, 2012

STRESS

Never was I able to measure the level of stress, or even gauge the level of stress, that has been among others until I started blogging.  My blogging began in 2006, and then seriously in 2007.  It wasn't until 2009 that I was able to measure how many visitors I had in a day, week, or month.  The measurements were only monthly before then.

All this babbling is about stress out there in the world.  What I mean is, in the summer of 2009, I had about 500 to 600 readers a month.  In the winter the readers more than doubled, and that just so happens to be my busiest time of the year, destressing people.  By 2010 summer, I had in a week, what I had in followers in a month from 2009 winter.  In the 2010 winter, it doubled, then went back down by the end of April.

By 2011, in the summer, my visitors doubled to what I was experiencing in the busy months of the winter, and the emails doubled as well.  By the winter of 2011, I was experiencing crazy, crazy amounts of readers daily.

What I am trying to explain in all of this blah blah is, I believe because of the number of visitors, and contacts I am experiencing, stress is increasing out there in the world.  For a minute there, I thought things were getting better, over the holidays, because my stats dropped from December 24, 2011 to January 2, 2012, to what was high stats in the 2011 summer.  But, by January 8, 2012, things got back to all time highs again.

By January 14, 2012, my post How To Destress Your Deepest Moments of Despair, was viewed 1000 times.  What this means to me is, there are plenty of people out there in their deepest moments of despair.

There was a time when I responded to Critical Incidents, and taught stress prevention, intervention, and direction only to the Emergency Personnel, which included EMT's, Firefighters, Paramedics, and Police Officers.  Then it expanded to Management and Administrators.

I can remember my first one on one clients that were not in the Emergency Field, they included men, who were business owners.  Many of them were sent to me by their wives, and the common reaction was, "My wife sent me to see you because if I don't get a handle on my stress then she will divorce me."  No lie!

Then I started teaching all kinds of individuals stress relief.

Most recently, my contacts have been people who have lost their jobs, homes, and sometimes everything they have, and sometimes even a family member.

When October & November 2011 came around, I had an unusual amount of teenagers come to me due to pressures usually at home, but not entirely.

Is the economy in America getting better?  Is the economy in the World getting better?  That is hard to say, but from my stand point, a whole lotta people are trying to relieve stress, that's fo sho!

This time of the year is the best time for you, and me, to relieve our stress because it is the New Year, and we can be motivated to start a new.

When people are stressed, it is caused by doubt, fear, and worry about their circumstances.  When people are really stressed, they tend to focus on the worst possible outcome.  They think about the worst thing that could happen, over and over, in their mind.  This causes a whole lotta stress.

One of the best things we can do, when we think about the worst over and over again, is write down what we want, what we really want.  Write down the best possible outcome you could have in your situation, make them goals, and focus on them.  Focus on them by reading your written list everyday, and making a to do list to move forward on it.  This will destress you by building faith in yourself, and making you focus on the best instead of worst.

Another great thing we can do is learn the relaxation response.  The relaxation response will provide a way for you to create a habit of relaxing any time, and any where.  It is a habit we can develop to replace the stress habit.  When we are stressed, the stress response is activated, and if we have a wonderful habit of activating the relaxation response it can, and will, provide a place, in our mind and body, to feel safe and relaxed.

If we focus on the best possible outcome, and remain relaxed, the burden of our stress is lightened and we can easily overcome our stress, no matter what we are going through.

A great affirmation for when you have stress, you are focusing on the best outcome, and you practice the relaxation response is, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." ~Philippians 4:13

Affirmations are just reminders, and this reminder, if you say it to yourself over and over again, will build your faith, and help you succeed.  So memorize it, and say it often, especially when you feel stressed.

That's all I got.  You are doing great!  Keep up the excellent work!  Have fun!  Be playful!

Love you lots ;0)

BIG HUGS...

Elizabeth

Subscribe to my blog by putting your email address in the box above, and you will receive updated posts.  Don't forget to confirm your subscription.

If you need help, email me, I would love to hear from you and help you in any way I can.

elizabethstanfill@gmail.com

;0)