Monday, January 17, 2011

DID YOU PICK YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2011?

Hey Kiddies, lol. 

So, did you pick your New Year's Resolutions?

I did!  I do, every year.  But before I tell you what one of them is, I would like to ESPLAIN SOMSING first.

The other night, when my son and I were saying family prayer... (Yes, we pray together.  Haven't you heard, the family that prays together, stays together?)  Any who...  I was thanking Heavenly Father for my trials, and for my set backs.  I told Heavenly Father that I was grateful for my problems and for my flat tire and my son laughed, at me, in the middle of our prayer.

It was funny!  It is funny!  And if you know me, you know, I like to be funny!  But I was serious, kinda, well, as serious as I can be.  I was seriously thanking Heavenly Father for my problems and telling him I love my problems.  And that my friend, is one of my New Year's Resolution.

My New Year's Resolution is to love my problems.  I have a choice, really.  I can get upset and cry, which I do, or I can love my problems and laugh like my son did, because it is really kind of funny.

You have to understand, it wasn't just an ordinary flat tire.  It was a flat tire on my 4X4 that would get me out of the snow, and into town.  You see, the snow was about 3 feet deep, and you cannot go anywhere if you don't have a 4X4. 

So, when I loved my problem, laughed about it, and then saw the blessing in it, which was to stay home and hang out with my son, it was nothing.

I would say that my New Year's Resolution is destressing, wouldn't you?

So...  What is your New Year's Resolution?  What are you going to do to destress yourself?  Hurry up and pick one because together, you and I, are going to change that stressful habit into a successful practice.

I will save my other New Year's Resolutions for next post!

Have a great week and don't forget to have fun and be playful!


Speak soon...

Elizabeth