Monday, December 6, 2010

DESTRESSING YOUR ANXIETY!!!

Hello my friend!  How are you?  I hope you are very happy!

Yesterday, I shopped all day during Black Friday.  Boy did I have fun.  The first line I stood in, in front of a store at 6 a.m., I chatted with a handsome young man.  Another line I stood in, inside a store at around 2 p.m., I chatted with a young girl, who happened to be standing in line for her Mother.  I told her that she should charge her Mother a fee, he he he.  It turned out to be a really great day, I got a lot of deals, and a lot of Christmas shopping done. 

Although yesterday was great fun for me, there seemed to be a lot of angry and anxious people.  In my younger years, I gotta admit, there were times that I was really angry, and really anxious but somewhere along my life, I decided to not be either anymore.  Oh sure, I have my moments, briefly every once in a while.  ;-)

What I was noticing yesterday, was people were radiating anxiety.  Some people just live there life with anxiety and do not even know it.  Some people live there life with anxiety and don't even know that they don't have to.  We really do have a choice whether we are happy or sad, calm or anxious, easy-going or angry.

No one ever told me that I had a choice, I just figured it out one day.  I don't remember the exact day but I do know that I have always had the attitude that if I wanted to be happy it was no one's responsibility but mine.  Maybe that is why I am not married.  Oh well, he he he.

Sometimes when I see an anxious person, I want to just go up and hug them and tell them everything will be okay, don't worry, and be happy.

If you have anxiety, or are always anxious, you are living with a very stressful habit.  Stress is the number one cause of ALL illnesses. 

Emotional signs and symptoms of anxiety may include anger, anxiousness, fear, frustration, the inability to feel calm, irritability, feeling overwhelmed, the inability to relax, restlessness, and unhappiness.

Mental signs and symptoms of anxiety may include the inability to concentrate, the inability to focus, indecisiveness, a racing mind, and thinking the worst is going to happen.

Physical signs and symptoms of anxiety include abdominal problems, backaches, chest pain, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, insomnia, nausea, neck aches, racing heart, shortness of breath, sweating, and twitches.

The list of signs and symptoms of anxiety goes on and on and as you can see, it is very unhealthy. 

Anxiety manifests it's ugly little self through signs and symptoms, especially illnesses. 

So what do you do if you are anxious?  First, you must educate yourself.  When you learn your signs and symptoms of anxiety then you can overcome them.  Then you can learn to relax when you notice these signs and symptoms of yours, and get so good at relaxing that you can do it anytime and anywhere. 

I truly believe that if you are an anxious person it is part of your personality therefore, probably a habit.  When you Destress Yourself, you discover your stressful habits and replace them with successful ones.  With the stressful habit of anxiety, it can be replaced with the successful habit of being calm and relaxing

It is not necessary to live life without happiness, energy, and vitality, I believe that with all my heart and soul, and if you have anxiety, chances are you are not happy, you don't have energy, or vitality for life.

You can change your life!  You got the power!  I believe in you!  And if you need help, email me, I would love to hear from you and help you.

Have a great day, and don't forget to have fun and be playful.


Elizabeth